- Constructed almost entirely of cast iron giving great rigidity
- Precision Vee bed with ground slide ways
- Fully featured saddle and carriage assembly including powered lead screw
- New technology high torque brushless DC 500W motor
- 4 way tool post, optional Digital Read Out of the X & Y axis
- Change wheel set provides thread cutting between 0.4-2.0mm & 12-52 tpi
- Supplied with, 80mm 3 jaw chuck, 2MT centre, change wheel set, wrench set
This upgraded version features a high torque brushless 500W motor which is very quiet and powerful in operation. Because the motor has ample torque at low speed there in no need for a gearbox, a super smooth belt drive transferring power to the spindle, the spindle speed being selected by a simple control knob. The electronic control system ensures nicely, controlled starting and stopping to reduce the strain on the drive train. Constructed almost entirely of cast iron with ground bedways, a fully featured saddle and carriage assembly, a tailstock with spindle taper turning capability and a variable speed spindle drive, giving a stepless speed range of 100-2,500 rpm. A powered leadscrew with a change wheel set gives metric thread range of 0.4-2.0mm pitch. This lathe is supplied with an oil tray, splash guard, 3 jaw self centring chuck, electrically interlocked chuck guard, change wheel set, 2MT centre and wrench set. Optional features include a digital read-out for easy, precise measuring of the tool post X & Y travel and a plug-in spindle speed display. An excellent choice for the enthusiastic model engineer or possibly school use. Maximum 8mm shank tooling.