By: Peter Steele
Posted: 16 September 2014
Superb piece of kit - well made and a pleasure to use
Posted: 1 May 2014
Great sander easy to use not much else to be said
By: Sean Fagan
Posted: 22 March 2014
Wow, I came across this sander by accident, when I was forced to take stock of the time it was taking to finish of my carved mushrooms I sculpt out of Willow, although it doesn't reach into the nooks and crannies it does a fantastic job on all over surfaces and reduces my sanding time by days and less pain in my wrist from my orbital hand sander. I can not wait to use it on other projects I have lined up and would highly recommend it to any hobbyist or profession trade. The price justifies the end result but would like to add " It's a bit mean not to include the 76mm insert and 76 mm sander assembly!" So delighted with the prompt delivery I have since bought a Jet 1220 Lathe and 8 pc HSS Turning Chisel Set in a wooden box, and if they continue to deliver on my expectations I will consider other items for my man shed, Thank you Axminster…I hope this helps decision makers
By: Sandra Phillips
Posted: 2 January 2012
As the Americans would say "This machine is a whole new ball game".
I make in hardwoods curved corbels and up market shelf brackets. Finish is important as it is my main selling point in that I offer a far higher quality and better finish than you can currently buy from any of the DIY "supermarkets". I have in the past spent about an hour and a quarter on each pair of corbels mainly hand sanding to a good finish and struggling to get them square. This machine accuratly does the job in a very small fraction on the time and each is dead square. It simply eats into the oak and leaves a good finish. Its accurate, well made and an overall excellent piece of kit. This was good advice from the Axminster Tec .and I am well pleased.
By: Lein Pieter Cevaal
Posted: 9 December 2011
Received this great machine yesterday. Only took 3 days to delivery to Holland, which is always helpfull. Packaging was excellent, not a scratch and delivered straight into my workshop, which saved my some hassle to get this bulky item in there.
1. Build quality is what I have come to expect from Jet, solid and functional.
2. Plenty of weight makes it very stable.
3. Runs very smoothly and sanding results are as expected.
4. Worksurface is of sufficient size, even for larger workpieces.
5. Dust extraction is much better than I expected as I had picked up some complaints on the web. I wouls say at least 95% is picked up, only some dust remaining on the worksurface.
6. Spindles easy to install and solidly build.
1. Sanding sleeves on bigger spindles are bit more difficult to slide on.
2.Additional three inch spindle is rather expensive and needs to be purchased separately
3. Big step in spindle sizes from 38 to 16mm.