- Support bars can be used vertically or horizontally
- Large handle for portability
- Rubber feet keep machine steady and minimise vibration
- Honing wheel brings up razor sharp polished edge
- Grinds and sharpens most edge tools
- For woodworking tools, woodcarving, knives, scissors etc.
- Excellent package of accessories included with grinder
The lower portion of the stone runs in a bath of water. As the stone revolves it carries the water continuously over the grinding surface, thus cooling it and eliminating the risk of overheating. The grindstone runs at 90 - 150rpm, driven by a compact powerful 160W motor. Motor speed is controlled by a variable speed switch. When the grindstone diameter is 250mm, run the grinder at the lower 90rpm setting. Over time with constant use the grindstone will wear, the speed can be increased to compensate for this, so maintaining the optimum surface speed at all times. The Sharpener includes: a Stone Grader, applying this changes the stone from coarse to fine and back again, a Straight Edge Jig for hand plane blades and chisels, an Angle Setting Jig, for precise repeatability, a Bevel Angle Measuring Device, to measure the existing bevel angle of your tools, a tube of Honing Compound for that final polished edge, the support arm to carry the jigs and adjust the angle of attack and an instructional DVD.
View more from