- Totally invisible, making a solid detachable joint
- Can be disassembled whenever required
- No screws or glue required
- No clamps required, overcomes design jointing problems
- 2 part dowel with connecting thread
- Supplied with; Minimag Mx magnetic driver, two driver bits
- Flexi shaft for tight corners, 20 Invis connectors and storage case
Invis is a totally invisible connector that can be taken apart and reconnected to give a very strong locking joint. Working like a dowel in 2 parts and not requiring any clamping it is suitable for many joints and will overcome design problems where components need to be joined then disassembled and reassembled or where it is just almost impossible to clamp. All that is required is one exposed surface, this would also be ideal for joining worktops. The Invis 12mm dowel is in 2 parts with a central male and female thread and a coarse outer thread which is screwed into a pre bored hole, bring the two components together and using the special ‘MiniMag’ box in a power drill, laying this horizontal to the joint and forward spin to tighten the connector together resulting in a solid joint. To disassemble reverse the drill and undo – simple, quick and easy. Both the stud and joiner stay flush with the joint edge, so no damage can occur in transport. The Invis starter kit is supplied with; Minimag Mx magnetic driver (attaches to any power drill running speed 1200–1500rpm) two driver bits, flexi shaft for tight corners, 20 Invis connectors and storage case.
The Lamello Rasto drill jig is designed to be used when drilling Invis connectors. This simple and easy to use jig requires no marking or measuring for precision jointing every time.