A fine, accurate disc sander with variable electronic speed control from 250 to 750rpm. Sands long edges, end sections, radii, mitres and by turning workpiece over - accurate flat surfaces at right angles. Used on soft and hard woods, non-ferrous metals, steel, plastics (Plexiglass and fibreglass), cork and rubber. Includes chart for recommended speeds on different materials. Main body made from ribbed die-cast aluminium. The table is made from an aluminium extrusion profile with an accurate T slot to precisely guide the mitre fence. It also tilts 15° inwards and 45° outwards (a scale facilitates accurate adjustment). The 250mm machined backing disc is driven by a twin ball bearing spindle. Standard, commercially available sanding discs fix firmly and can be replaced quickly. A dust collection adaptor for attaching a vacuum cleaner/dust extractor is included. 230V with drive via toothed belt (reduction ratio 7.3:1). Maximum sanding height 135mm, table 275 x 105mm. Supplied with a mitre fence and two each of sanding discs 100grit and 240grit. Overall size without table 330 x 280 x 230mm.
|Dust Extraction Outlet||Yes|
|Overall L x W x H||330 x 280 x 230mm|
|Speed||250 - 750rpm|
|Table Size||275 x 105mm|
|Table Tilt||15° - 0° - 45°|
|Corded or Cordless||Corded|
18 April 2017
Needs fettling to be decent!I've had one of these for several years and use it regularly for joinery and general DIY sanding/trimming. With a bit of work setting it up, it's quite good but unless you only want to sand balsa, as it comes it's too flimsy to be used confindently. What I like is that it is a decent size disc (250mm), variable speed and light in weight so can be moved easily. The backing disc is aluminium but pretty much everything else that is important is plastic. In particular, the table and miter gauge are useless. The table moves and simply isn't up to any weight...also a bit small. The miter gauge is a sloppy fit in a plastic slot...get the idea? So what I've done is to throw the table and gauge away. I've then bolted down the sander itself to a solid baseboard which in turn can be clamped to a workbench. That already makes the unit more sold. I've then made a freestanding worktable out of 4x2 type wood...so that doesn't flex at all...and positioned it close to the disc. It is fixed to the same baseboard with jig hold down knobs etc. The new worktable has an old piece of plastic laminate on it for slip and I've cut a slot that enables me to use my bandsaw adjustable mitre gauge. The worktable unit has to be removable to change the sanding discs ...but undo two knobs, lift and there you are. Having made those changes, the unit has become what I hoped it would be when I bought it. It has a dust port and that works pretty well. The other 'must' is to use a plastic film on the disc before fixing the sanding disc. If you don't, it's a total nightmare to remove the disc...which won't be reusable. But with the plastic film, the disc peel off easily, are reusable if you want to use different grits and won't leave half their glue on the aluminium plate!