- Use to produce a primary bevel and establish a basic edge
- Sintered under heat and pressure with aggressive abrasive
- Fastest sharpening of O1, A2 and M2 steels
- Removes more metal with fewer strokes
- Soak before use, do not store in water
- Dimensions approx 203 x 79 x 29mm
The 1,000 grit stone produces a primary bevel and establishes a basic edge. It only requires a few minutes of soaking before use, do not keep it in water. Overall size is 203 x 78 x 29mm. The Sigma Power Corporation in Tokyo originally designed these premium stones especially for sharpening high alloy steels. The resulting stones perform very well on the toughest steels. Significantly faster than any other stones, they are between two and five times faster than waterstones with less durable abrasive or stronger bonds. Sintered under heat and pressure, a Sigma stone readily releases new, aggressive particles during use. While these stones will wear slightly faster, their extremely fast cutting action more than compensates. Since you remove more metal with fewer strokes, the overall effect is reduced wear. Flattening these stones is an easy process.
View more from